Microsoft’s Office 365 subscription service has been rebranded as “Microsoft 365.” It comes with everything that Office 365 does and more. Microsoft Office, including Word, 1 terabyte of cloud storage on OneDrive, Skype phone calls, and more, are all available to subscribers.
- The most powerful office apps out there.
- Almost all platforms have it.
- Collaboration works well because
- Elegant, easy-to-use design with a lot of help options
- Mail, friends, and calendar all in one app
- During tests, there were problems getting to papers through web browsers.
- Some of the effects of Word’s automated features are hard to guess.
- Some of the more advanced tools are hard to get to.
What Is Microsoft 365?
Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that provides access to the Microsoft Office suite as well as cloud storage, collaboration, and productivity apps like Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Lists, and Planner that are part of Office 365. Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) is a suite of security and management tools for businesses, and a Windows 10 Enterprise licence is also available as an add-on.
- Microsoft 365 is a subscription service that combines the most up-to-date versions of Office with a wide range of cloud-based applications and services for managing files, collaborating online, and increasing output.
- Plans for Microsoft 365 are tailored to meet the needs of individuals, households, small companies, and large corporations.
Formerly known as Office 365, Microsoft 365 now incorporates those programmes and services. Why is Microsoft 365 a good investment? The traditional licenced apps we used to utilise are completely obsolete now that all plans are automatically updated.
|Free Version Available||YES|
|Opens/Saves Microsoft Formats||YES|
|Mail App Included||YES|
When it comes to Microsoft, what’s new?
One might argue that each new feature in Windows 10 or Office 365 is also a new feature in Microsoft 365. Insider Risk Management is a novel component of the service. Artificial intelligence is used to keep an eye out for potential threats, like a leaving worker copying confidential company information. It makes sure that no harmful acts have been committed and that no security flaws have been made. A poll found that 90% of organisations are concerned about insider risk, and 50% of respondents have experienced insider breaches in the preceding year, highlighting the significance of this safeguard.
Advanced Audit for Microsoft 365 is a new solution that addresses similar issues. The following enhancements are made available via this Enterprise component:
- Increasing the time period for which audit logs are kept from 90 days to a year
- Boosting Data Transfer Rates for the Management Activity API
- Investigations that lack access to key events
The Your Phone app in Windows 10 is a desktop window that displays content from Android mobile devices, such as images, alerts, and messages. The Your Phone features are still not compatible with iOS; however, the Microsoft 365 MDM features are. Since Apple is more restrictive with their OS, you should expect to see more functionality on Android. A Microsoft representative, however, has confirmed that Your Phone will support iOS in the future.
Are Windows and Office Losing Ground to Microsoft 365?
At first sight, Microsoft 365 could appear to be replacing Windows and Office. But the company’s true motivation is to advertise its latest product to commercial enterprises. Both Windows and Office will continue to be supported, and new features developed for Microsoft 365 will be useful additions.
What are the latest additions to Microsoft 365?
On March 30, 2020, Microsoft introduced Microsoft 365 with several new features. While it may seem like many of these additions would have made their way into Office 365 eventually, Microsoft is emphasising that they are doing so in an effort to “help you and your family across work, school, and life.” Some of the most exciting new additions to Microsoft 365 include:
- Microsoft Editor can help you fix grammatical and stylistic mistakes in your work. This is Microsoft’s version of Grammarly, another robust online writing tool. The “AI-powered service”is capable of using over 20 different languages. You may use it in Word and Outlook.com, or you can download the Microsoft Editor extension for Chrome or Edge and use it on any website. It’s useful for doing things like adding references to Word documents.
- Download Excel Files of Bank Transactions: Microsoft has introduced “Money in Excel,” a feature that will allow users to link their Excel spreadsheets with their online banking and credit card accounts. Just as with a programme like Mint, you may export your transaction history as a CSV file and put it into your preferred budgeting or financial tracking spreadsheet. Plaid, a common network used by many personal financial apps nowadays, is utilised.
- Microsoft Teams is Microsoft’s response to Slack, a messaging app popular among businesses. Both were developed with the office in mind. Microsoft is updating Teams with new capabilities that may be used in everyday life. Teams allows you to build groups with the people you care about so that you can organise vacations, host get-togethers, or simply keep in touch with them. Group chat, video conferencing, shared to-do lists, and calendars are just some of the built-in capabilities of Teams that make this possible.
- A new piece of software for iOS and Android, “Microsoft Family Safety,” aims to keep your loved ones safe online. You may use it to limit your family’s time spent on devices like Windows 10, Android, and Xbox. You may track your loved ones’ whereabouts on a map and receive alerts when they arrive or depart from places like the office or school.
- Microsoft Defender is an app that can be used to safeguard your mobile device, and it is compatible with iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows. Features such as anti-phishing, anti-malware, and a dashboard for monitoring other Windows Defender-powered devices may or may not be available, depending on the operating system you’re using.
It seems like many of these functions could have been incorporated into Office 365 anyhow, so Microsoft 365 remains essentially unchanged. But it does suggest that Microsoft is putting more emphasis on “Microsoft 365” as a larger subscription package that includes more than just office software. The focus is on facilitating the personal lives of subscribers by offering useful resources.
What sorts of desktop software does Microsoft 365 provide?
In contrast to a one-time purchase of Office, a subscription to Microsoft 365 ensures that your business always has access to the most up-to-date version of essential Microsoft Office programmes like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. With a Microsoft 365 subscription, you’ll always have the most up-to-date version, along with the newest features, security patches, and apps. Users will also have the ability to use Access and Publisher.
What Microsoft 365 package is best for my company?
There are 13 distinct Microsoft 365 plans available. Various conditions must be satisfied for each of these. Microsoft 365 Business Standard and Premium are the most popular options, and they are designed for businesses with 300 or fewer employees.